Have you always wanted to work for a company that supports our community and local businesses? Do you aspire to a position where you’ll be charged with leading a committed team of media professionals who are enthusiastic about travel, promoting Yucatán’s destinations, and its unique culture?
If so, we’ve got great news for you. At Yucatán Today – the state’s leading tourism magazine – we are looking for a creative, organized, and passionate individual to join us as Editor.
For 33 years, Yucatán Today has distributed a monthly magazine that showcases the best of Yucatán. Whether we write about destinations, dining options, shopping experiences, or cultural tips, our publication values honest information for travelers, above all else.
The Editor oversees all of Yucatán Today’s bilingual content which includes the monthly print magazine, social media presence, newsletters, and website. The ideal candidate will be a narrative ninja with a strong love for Yucatán, and solid experience managing a team of creative collaborators.
- Manage Yucatán Today’s editorial team, which includes the Designer, Assistant Editor, and multiple freelance writers
- Oversee all planning for content in monthly print magazine, website, and the brand’s social media accounts
- Proofread, edit, and provide direction on all content in both English and Spanish
- Track monthly changes, ensuring that the magazine is always up-to-date
- Safeguard the brand’s editorial style and standards
- Develop new strategies that adapt the brand to changing times
- Act as the main contact between Yucatán Today and its advertisers and readers
- Native English speaker, with at least C1 Spanish
- 5+ years of work experience in a related field
- Excellent grammar and spelling, plus an eagle eye for proofreading
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong creative voice that champions collaborators’ vision
- Passion for Yucatán’s culture, destinations, and daily concerns
- Experience working directly with clients and exceeding their expectations
- Confident in resolving day-to-day challenges and assuming new projects
- Comfortable giving feedback and supervising a team of collaborators
- Impeccably responsible and accountable
- Willing to make a long-term commitment and grow with the company
About the Position
- Full-time, Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm
- Although the editorial team is working mainly from home at the moment, this position is based in Mérida, Yucatán. Some office days are required.
- Salary: $22,000 pesos a month
- Work permit assistance available if needed
- Upbeat work environment where mutual respect and strong values are part of everything we do, every day
Send us your CV and cover letter, we want to hear why you’re perfect for the job: [email protected]
Esta entrada también está disponible en: EN