- Yucatecans celebrate Mexican independence (September 16) all month long. Admire the colors of the flag in bright lights along Paseo de Montejo and in the Centro
- Every Monday at 9 pm you can watch La Vaquería Tradicional in Mérida’s Zócalo. Men and women wearing traditional clothing dance to the melodic music of the regional orchestra.
- Telchac Puerto might be Tulum’s little sister, and you don’t want to be the last one to find out. Discover this colorful beach town’s hidden magic before the cat gets out of the bag.
- The luxurious lifestyle boutiques scattered along the elegant Calzada de los Frailes in the magic town of Valladolid bring a global touch to a tiny town. Shop for breezy textiles and make a beachfront fashion statement.
- The people of Chichén Itzá fought against the Spanish conquistadores for decades after the colonization began. Visit this epic site and come to terms with the enduring struggle of the Maya civilization.
- The majestic and flamboyant bird of paradise flower (ave de paraíso) is the perfect accent to every tropical garden. Keep your eye out for these unique flowers with touches of gold, orange, and purple.
- The cenotes of Homún are the ultimate adventure for those looking to soak in the cool, crystal-clear waters of the underworld. Fun for the whole family, follow the guide on our website to make the most of your experience.
- The epic and unforgettable pyramids of Calakmul tower over the tropical jungles of southern Campeche. Make the trek into deep wilderness for the ultimate eco-tourism
- The traditional dish Relleno Negro has a base of smoked chiles, which gives the black broth a unique smoky flavor. In traditional pueblos, this dish is a staple at all family fiestas.
- Casa de los Venados in Valladolid is a private home with an unbelievably extensive Mexican folkloric art collection. Three times a day, the family opens its doors and invites tourists on guided tours of the family home.
Other Top 10:
- Top 10 Yucatán This Month: August 2018
- Top 10 Yucatán This Month: July 2018
- Top 10 Yucatán This Month: June 2018
- Top 10 Yucatán This Month: May 2018
Esta entrada también está disponible en: ES