1. Celebrate “Mamá Linda” in Izamal during the first week of December, and don’t miss “Las Mañanitas” sung on the night of December 7.
2. Did you know that there is a sacbé (road) that connected the archaeological site of Aké to Izamal? Let’s discover Aké!
3. Begin your trip along the Convent Route in Acanceh, where they celebrate the Virgin of Guadalupe on December 12.
4. Visit the amazing José Peón Contreras theater in Mérida, named in honor of the first Mexican romantic playwright.
5. Swim in the fresh water of cenote Chelentún in Cuzamá, considered one of the most beautiful semi open cenotes on the peninsula.
6. During your visit to Valladolid make sure to visit Casa de los Venados, you will be delighted by the variety of Mexican folk art they have in their private collection.
7. After that, don’t forget to walk along Calzada de los Frailes in Valladolid and visit Coqui Coqui and the Sombrerería.
8. If you want a delicious meal, don’t miss the Yucatecan Brunch at Hacienda Misné every Sunday, starting at 11 am.
9. In Conkal you’ll find the only sacred art museum in the state, see you there!
10. A visit to Progreso wouldn’t be complete without a walk along the wooden pier with a marquesita in your hand.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: ES