1. Enjoy the cenote Bolonchoojol “the mousetrap with nine entries,” ideal for swimming and diving, 48 km from Mérida at the ex Hacienda Chunkanán, Cuzamá.
2. Visit one of pyramids with Teotihuacán influence, “Stucco Palace,” only 21 km from Mérida in Acanceh.
3. Do an eco tour from Dzilam de Bravo to Punta Arenas, and don’t forget to ask about the famous pirate Jean Lafitte’s grave.
5. Explore the mangroves of the Ría de Progreso with a paddle tour by Yuckite, and stay alert for excellent bird watching.
6. It’s shoe shopping time! Visit Ticul during the “Feria del Calzado” (shoe fair) and support local artisans, from September 23 to October 25.
7. Discover the only sacred art museum in Yucatán, located in the center of Conkal.
8. Take your car and head to Motul, and try the original Huevos Motuleños. Ask for Doña Evelia’s place, you won’t regret it!
9. Go for a ride in a “truck” and enjoy delicious regional cuisine at the beautiful Hacienda Ochil.
10. Enjoy a night tour at the archaeological site of Chichén Itzá, starting at 8 pm, free entrance.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: ES