1. Get to know Izamal in a very unique way with the show “Izamal, Ciudad Luz.” The starting point is the Parque de los Cañones, from Thursday to Saturday at 8:30 pm.
2. Every Thursday enjoy the Jazz sessions at the Silcer Beach Club, on the beach, a few meters from Progreso malecón.
3. Learn all about the history of Valladolid by visiting the Museo de San Roque, located in a historical building from the 16th century.
4. Refresh yourself in the delicious water of cenote Yaxunah; you will also be able to enjoy the botanical garden and the archaeological site.
5. Discover an underground world full of history and mystery at the Calcehtok caves, only 70 km from Mérida. Walk carefully: it is said that the “aluxes” (Maya elves) live here.
6. Visit the San Miguel Arcángel church at Maxcanú. Did you know that the 90º Meridian goes right through the church tower, and this is the one that defines Mexican time?
7. Have a day full of new experiences on the Convent Route. Start at Acancéh and end at Maní, and remember to take your camera with you.
8. Walk through the last big city of the Maya culture from the Post classic period, Mayapán, only 40 minutes from Mérida.
9. Are you thinking about a day of adventure? If so, your next destination is Sisal. You will be able to traverse the mangroves and get to know all the flora and fauna of the area.
10. The best way to support education in Telchac Puerto is by dancing under the stars and listening to some jazz. Join the Full Moon Jazz Festival on February 18.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: ES