IHOP was launched in 1958 in California, USA, by Al Lapin. He was tired of eating the same thing everywhere, so he came up with the idea of a place where his family and friends could enjoy delicious food at a reasonable price in a casual setting. It wasn’t long before IHOP (originally known as International House of Pancakes) became a favorite.
Today there are more than 1500 branches, and it continues to be an icon for many loyal fans who want to escape their routine and have a delicious meal at any time of the day.
The menu offers a great variety of dishes including their famous Original Buttermilk Pancakes, substantial omelettes, classic burgers, Philly cheese steak, and more.
People keep coming back because the food is consistently good, but also for the service. The staff is trained to provide warm, attentive service. From the moment you approach the person who is standing at the door to greet you, you are made to feel welcome and important. Your server might engage you in a short conversation to break the ice, or compliment your child’s new boots. All the personnel want to spoil you and make sure you are well taken care of. No request is too much trouble.
The menu is ample and worth studying at length, for each page offers another whole category of food. Indulge yourself in a hot chocolate, or an iced coffee or tea, while you read the menu, or you can order a cold beer in the afternoon or evening.
The menu contains the following options:
– Breakfast combos (including steak combos and hash brown stacks)
– Substantial Omelettes (including veggie omelettes and make your own)
– Famous pancakes (including combos and specialties)
– French toast and waffles (including Brioche French toast, Belgian waffles, and combos)
– Crepes (both sweet and savory)
– Griddle melts
– Classic burgers
– Specialty dishes (including chicken wrap and pot roast)
– Kids’ menu (including Funny Face pancakes, grilled cheese, and macaroni and cheese)
– Desserts (including ice cream sundae, fruit crepe, and Crispy Strawberry Banana Cheesecake). They also have old fashioned malteds.
To spoil frequent visitors, IHOP offers a rewards program where you can accumulate points (each point is worth 1 peso) equal to 10% (from 7 am-2 pm) or 15% (from 2 pm on) of your total consumption, valid for use on future visits at not only the Mérida IHOP but also Mexico City and Mexico State, until December 31, 2014.
2nd floor, Plaza Altabrisa
Tel. 167 9369
Esta entrada también está disponible en: ES