I’m a Mérida based, but British born, freelance writer and blogger. I’ve lived and explored all over the world before deciding that Merida was the perfect place to raise my young children (plus husband, mustn’t forget the husband!).
I adore Mexico and sometimes have to pinch myself to remind myself that I really do live here. There’s little I love more than grabbing my family or a group of friends and telling them that we’re going on an adventure whether they like it or not! (Kidding, of course, they like it. Who wouldn’t want to throw themselves into learning about Mexican culture, history, cuisine, and nature with me?)
In previous roles, I have worked with women and children across Africa, the former Soviet Union, and the UK.
I can generally be found checking out exciting kid-friendly places (and ice cream shops) across Yucatán. The perfect day out for me and my family would include exploring an archaeological site followed by a swim in a cenote.
To see more of my writing, you can follow my accounts:
Cassie shares with us her adventures in Yucatán with kids:
- Bringing Up Kids in Mérida During a Quarantine
- What Will We Do Once We Are Allowed Out?
- Grubby, Natural and Wild!
- Gastrobus Mérida
- Feel at Home in Mérida
- Getting Out of Town – A Maya Day Trip
- Super Kid Day
- Mayapán Plus Cenote
- Play Like a Local
- Kid-Friendly Parks in Mérida
- Pizzas with Personality
- Celebrating Hanal Pixán with Kids
- Cero Basura Yucatán
- Tekax with your Family
- Livin’ La Vida Vegan in Mérida
- Luxury and Adventure with Kids: Hacienda Ticum and Aké Archaeological Site
- Tradition Meets Modernity in the Freezers of Yucatán
- Take your Kids to The Haciendas of Yucatán
- Turtles, Chickens, and Bunny Rabbits: Parque Áak
- Glamping and Kids: Not an Oxymoron
- Mint & Lime: Contemporary Mexican Design
- Around The World…In Yucatán
- How to Visit Archaeological Sites so Your Kids Will Enjoy Them
- How to Visit the Flamingos in Celestún with the Kids
- Mall Fun in Mérida
- Modern Mexican Cuisine in Mérida
- El Corchito, a hidden paradise in the Progreso mangroves
- Restaurants the Kids Would Choose in Mérida
- Señora Homa, Hotel Casa San Ángel
- Beachy Fun with Kids in Yucatán
- New on the Restaurant Scene
- Christmas for Kids in Mérida
- Get Your Kids Closer to Nature in Mérida
Esta entrada también está disponible en: ES