I am a travel guide, blogger, and photographer passionate about archaeology, history, philosophy, and my home state of Yucatán. There is nothing I enjoy more than setting off to visit remote archaeological sites and making my way slowly through the jungle, spotting and photographing wildlife along the way.
I was born in Merida but was raised bilingually and hold both Mexican and Canadian citizenship. I am fortunate to have had the opportunity to travel, study, and live around the world. After many years abroad, I am thrilled to be back in my home town and to share its many riches with others.
I also really enjoy running and training for marathons, going out on adventures with my girlfriend and indulging my love for Yucatecan cuisine.
Read more about his adventures:
- When in Yucatán, Eat Like the Maya Do
- Reconnect and Recharge – Kayaking Yucatán’s Mangroves
- The Noble Yucatecan Tiendita
- Syncretism in the Puuc: Of Churches and Stellae
- Symbolism, Myth, and Power: The Role of Animals in Maya Life
- Underneath the Surface: Urban Archaeology in Mérida
- Paper Beats Rock: How the Invention of Paper Boosted Maya Civilization
- Discover the Maya Gods
Esta entrada también está disponible en: ES