This month of February marks an iconic annual event in our city: Carnaval de Mérida in the Plaza Carnaval in Xmatkuil, and as always it promises to be filled with joy, magic, and fun for everyone.
The party happens at Plaza Carnaval, with the colorful costumes, floats, invited artists, concerts, music, and more.
Mérida’s Carnaval takes place from February 22 to March 1. It starts with the Burning of the Bad Mood, and is followed by the Children’s Parade, Corso Friday, Fantasy Saturday, Bachata Sunday, Regional Monday, Tuesday Battle of the Flowers, and closing with the Burial of Juan Carnaval.
Everyone is invited to this big celebration where there will be plenty of fun, and it’s a safe family event. There will be free transportation from various points of the city, and the entrance and parking are also free.
The Comité Permanente del Carnaval invites you to Plaza Carnaval, with your friends and family, and together form part of this great “Fiesta that Unites us.”
Mérida’s Carnaval 2017 Program:
Saturday, February 18:
- Float Contest, 6 pm, Parque de la Colonia Alemán
Wednesday, February 22:
- Burning of the Bad Mood, 8 pm, Jardín Carta Clara, Mérida
Thursday, February 23:
- Children’s Parade, 4 pm, Centro Histórico, Mérida
Friday, February 24:
- Float Parade, 8:30 pm, Parade Route, Plaza Carnaval, Xmatkuil
Saturday, February 25:
- Fantasy Parade, 8 pm, Parade Route, Plaza Carnaval, Xmatkuil
Sunday, February 26:
- Bachata Parade, 1 pm, Parade Route, Plaza Carnaval, Xmatkuil
Monday, February 27:
- Regional Parade, 8 pm, Parade Route, Plaza Carnaval, Xmatkuil
Tuesday, February 28:
- Battle of the Flowers Parade, 1 pm, Parade Route, Plaza Carnaval, Xmatkuil
Wednesday, March 1:
- Burial of Juan Carnaval, 8 pm, Outside the Palacio Municipal, Mérida